How I became one with the desert...


Looking for true love...
felt like
looking for a drop of water
in an endless desert...
Every blue, sparkling
promise of hope
was nothing
but a mirage...
The wind conspired with sand
to blind me several times...
Yet, I hoped
that one day,
I would find
the oasis of my dreams
if I kept walking...
I wandered and struggled
to survive my soul...
But my heart
had starved
for way too long
until one day
when it could beat
no more...
I still remember
that dusk
my soul breathed it last...
It lay on the sand...
lifeless...
As lonely after the death
as it was
when alive...
Days passed...
Eventually, the desert
took mercy
upon my soul and
granules of sand embraced me
making me one
of their own...
Winds of time rushed
past me and one day,
I realized
I was no longer
whatever I had
once been...
Being one
with the desert
was now
my true identity...
I know the secrets,
the heartbreaks
and the lessons
the sand has been hiding
in its bosom
for eternities...
Today, when I hear
anyone talk shit
about the desert...
How cruel, how dry
merciless and
indifferent it is...
Only me, the sand and
the winds know
who really
is to be blamed
for what the desert
has come to be...
But now
I'm too wise
to indulge in a blame game
like a human
that I once
used to be...
Only at nights,
when I and the sand
lay in silence,
it whispers to me
how sometimes,
it wishes
to be understood...
That the desert
did not become
the desert
in a day or two...
The world
keeps accusing
the desert of being fickle
and cold
and heartless
and committing
treachery...
But only me,
the sand and
the wind knows
the desert was also
once a sea...

©Maddyy














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it okay...?